Ancient Healing Wisdom
AOBTA currently serves its members in a wide variety of ways and is always striving to add value and relevance to the membership experience. A few of the benefits our organization offers members are:
• An attractive, user-friendly website with a great Social Community set of features for members.
• Peer-reviewed approval of our professional members shows the public that you meet the highest standards of the profession.
• Representation of the interests, rights, and professional standards of Asian Bodywork Therapy profession.
• National and international recognition as a member of the Federation of Therapeutic Massage, Bodywork, and Somatic Practice Organizations.
• High quality educational opportunities.
• Legislative support and action-oriented representation at all government levels.
• Subscription to Pulse, our newsletter.
• Access to optional and affordable professional liability insurance.
• An online professional membership directory to help the public locate your services.
• Free listings of workshops offered by our members on the AOBTA website.
• Personal and professional growth opportunities through participation in the AOBTA and ABT community of committees, task forces, and board of directors at the state and national levels.
AOBTA Membership Benefits
Sept. 29-Oct. 2, 2017
Jan. 26-29, 2018
Whether or not you have previous experience with bodywork therapy, this program is designed to prepare you with the skills, presence and understanding required to practice Zen Shiatsu. The weekend format allows students to study while maintaining full-time jobs or lifestyles.
Classes meet one 4-day weekend per month for a total of 400 hours of training on-site. An additional 100 hours of Western Body, Eastern Mind: Integrated Anatomy & Physiology are administered online.
Students are required to complete reading and homework assignments each month and to practice outside of class time the hands-on lessons learned in class. Each month we offer two optional 2-hour Labs, at which time students may meet at the school to review class work with the guidance and support of an instructor.
Why become certified in Shiatsu?
Flexible schedule • Transferable to a number of settings
Greater knowledge of healing • Professional certification Shiatsu brings healing to Practitioner as well as client
Copyright 2017 © Shiatsu School of Vermont. All Rights Reserved
Plus $50 non-refundable application fee
The American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA) is the national professional membership association of the practitioners, instructors, and schools/programs of the various Asian Bodywork Forms.
Vermont Student Assistance Corporation
Vermont residents: Contact us to find out if you are eligible for a grant.
One 4-Day Weekend Per Month for One Year
Practitioner Certification Programs
The Shiatsu School of Vermont offers VSAC-approved and AOBTA certified programs. Graduates of our Shiatsu Practitioner Programs can become members of AOBTA and are eligible to become licensed to practice in many states. Please inquire for assistance in understanding the regulations to practice Asian Bodywork Therapy in your state.
Shiatsu Certification Programs